The Award-Winning HYTORC Washer™ – The Cure for ‘Bad Actors’
The HYTORC Washer™ is an economical low profile reaction washer with an inner thread segment that is placed underneath a standard heavy hex nut. It provides controlled surface friction that enhances bolt load accuracy. Using this simple washer removes frictional losses due to flange surface condition while it eliminates side loading and bending losses due to external reaction points. The HYTORC machine and driver is equipped with an inner and outer socket. The nut is dry-lubed to reduce the usual frictional scatter. The inner socket turns the nut while the outer socket locks onto the HYTORC Washer™ underneath the nut. This allows safe, hands-free operation in any position (including inverted) and a reliable facial friction of the nut is assured.
Action & reaction become coaxial.
The usual friction-causing side load is eliminated. A threaded segment in the inside of the HYTORC Washer™ creates a counter nut effect with the nut thread.
It stops the bolt from turning with the nut!
Further turning of the nut creates an axial bolt elongation which pulls along the threaded segment in the inside of the washer. The counter nut effect remains intact throughout the assembled state of the fastener… so that despite the use of a low-friction, dry lubricant, inadvertent nut loosening even under vibration is eliminated!
The HYTORC Washer™: Combining the benefit of torque & tension while eliminating unknowns!
- The HYTORC Washer™ is available for bolt sizes from 1/2″ – 4″, and is designed for all temperatures
- Controlled, reliable bolt load accuracy to ±5%
- Safety is optimized with hands free bolting… even on inverted applications
- Reaction arms and back up wrenches are no longer required
- The elimination of the reaction arm provides longer tool life
- Human error is reduced with less complicated procedures
- Less labor intensive operation equals fewer incidents
- The HYTORC Washer™ meets ASTM-A194-01 and ASME-SA194-01 specifications
THE HYTORC WASHER™: FAST . SAFE . SIMPLE . ACCURATE
|HYTORC Washer™ installed on bolt
|Standard nut on HYTORC Washer™
|During stretching of the bolt,the thread segment of the HYTORC Washer™ creates a counter nut effect and prevents the bolt from turning